“Dear Sir: I
have a warrant here for your arrest. Please come in by Friday and give yourself
up. If you don’t I’ll know that you intend on resisting arrest, and I will feel
justified in shooting you on sight when I come after you. Yours truly, Elfego
Baca, Sheriff of Socorro Country N.M.”—The form letter Sheriff Baca sent to all
those indicted by a Grand Jury.Thursday, August 2, 2018
Quote of the Week
“Dear Sir: I
have a warrant here for your arrest. Please come in by Friday and give yourself
up. If you don’t I’ll know that you intend on resisting arrest, and I will feel
justified in shooting you on sight when I come after you. Yours truly, Elfego
Baca, Sheriff of Socorro Country N.M.”—The form letter Sheriff Baca sent to all
those indicted by a Grand Jury.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“Ride the Red Killer” by N.E. Snoke
The universe belonged to Red Hellion and me! And I was going to conquer… I wasn't going to set back and die from inaction and boredom!...
-
Mr. Bill Crider is no stranger to Western aficionados. Aside from penning many fine westerns, he has also written widely in other genr...
-
No lead-off quote; more about that in a moment. This is an anthology of Western Stories, the full title being Gunslinger and Nine Other ...
-
Women were still weeping over the graves at Gettysburg when my grandpa came to Walesburg. Nobody ever quite figured out where he came from...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.