Monday, May 4, 2026

Do You Fear The Wind by Hamlin Garland

 


I’d like to offer a poem by Hamlin Garland, the author of Main-Travelled Roads [reviewed favorably on this blog.]

It is a bracing bit of Western thought, in his case, Mid-Western thought.

May you enjoy!

Do You Fear The Wind by Hamlin Garland

Do you fear the force of the wind,

The slash of the rain?

Go face them and fight them,

Be savage again.

Go hungry and cold like the wolf,

Go wade like the crane:

The palms of your hands will thicken,

The skin of your cheek will tan,

You'll grow ragged and weary and swarthy,

But you'll walk like a man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

“Ride the Red Killer” by N.E. Snoke

  The universe belonged to Red Hellion and me! And I was going to conquer… I wasn't going to set back and die from inaction and boredom!...