Monday, April 3, 2023

“The Bounty Man” Starring Clint Walker

 


A 1972 TV-movie that has Clint Walker playing against type.

Clint seems to be shadowing the other Hollywood Clint in this tale of a driven bounty hunter.

Our first scene in which Walker offers a choice to a captured outlaw, “You can go in the saddle, or over it” sets the tone.

Walker’s presence is always an asset but, his inherent decency and a very standard script and journeyman direction do the film no favors.

What does shine here is Richard Basehart chewing it up as a villain.

No great shakes, but not sorry I viewed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

“Ride the Red Killer” by N.E. Snoke

  The universe belonged to Red Hellion and me! And I was going to conquer… I wasn't going to set back and die from inaction and boredom!...